Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Information Leaflet for a Jobseeker’s Visa at the German Embassy in Riga
The Jobseeker’s Visa is a visa for university graduates from countries outside the EU which enables them to come to Germany for up to six months for the purpose of seeking employment in accordance with their qualifications.
General information on graduate immigration is available via the portal for qualified professionals www.make-it-in-germany.com
This leaflet is an addition to our general leaflet on visas and applications at the German Embassy in Riga, to be found on our website. Please read it carefully.
- 2 fully filled in and signed application forms in either German or English
- Valid passport (valid for at least six more months)
- Residence permit for Latvia (valid for at least three more months)
- 2 biometric passport photographs
- Visa fee
- German university degree or recognized foreign degree comparable to a German degree
You can check whether your foreign university degree is recognized or comparable by consulting the ANABIN database
- Curriculum vitae of professional career, specifying the relevant certificates, diplomas, etc. you have obtained
- A letter of motivation providing information on the planned course of action to secure a job (sector, region, intended place of residence/accommodation etc.)
- Proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the time of your stay in Germany (at least 853,00 € per month).
You can present one of the following:
- formal obligation of the parents (or other persons) acc. to §§ 66-68 AufenthG. Please contact the Alien Authorities (Ausländerbehörde) or German representation competent for the place of residence of the parent (or the supporting person)
- Any additional evidence of your preparations to secure a job that you can already provid
ALL documents have to be presented in their original version together with TWO simple copies.
Documents which are not in German or English have to be presented with certified translation by notary.
Please note that the Embassy might request the presentation of further documents in individual cases.
Following approval of the visa application, but before your visa can be issued, you must provide evidence that you have taken out travel health insurance, if such evidence has not already been submitted.
The content of this leaflet has been compiled with care and to the best of knowledge of the German embassy. However, the German embassy cannot assume any liability for the up-to-datedness’, completeness or accuracy of any of the provided information’s.